Forms of hosting services
A hosting solution appertains to hoarding and/or sharing certain web content on a hosting server run by a hosting vendor. There are various forms of hosting services utilized for different aims, so let's take a look at these. In this way, you can conclude what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to run a website, email box accounts, or to share files with buddies and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service offered by particular file storage providers, which permits you to share big files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole purpose is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free file hosting solutions are frequently supported by exhibiting adverts beside the download links, while a timer compels you to await a specific period of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a totally unsuitable interpretation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would distribute the tasks at hand between individual groups of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various web site hosting services (electronic mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, webspace hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a variety of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; specific firms offer a hosting service for images solely. This hosting variant is suitable if you want to share a great number of pics with mates or partners since the service is mostly free of cost. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to tackling your mail address accounts. Some vendors provide web page hosting services for web pages, but do not supply an e-mail service. If you wish to run an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to have a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can open email address accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this method in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip generates a certain amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video clips and a few hundred site viewers, you may have a hard time with your web site hosting supplies. Embedding the video will allow you to use as many video files as you want without bothering about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you need if you desire to have a web site. To some degree, it encompasses all of the abovementioned hosting variants since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and mailbox accounts, upload videos, and so on. At Paramus Hosting, for instance, you can observe web hosting and dedicated web hosting accounts that allow you to have all of the aforementioned services in one single location. There may be limitations depending on the form of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web site hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are created for particular content solely.